The Delphic maxims are a collection of 147 apophthegmata (words of wisdom) said to have been imparted by Apollo through his intermediary, the Pythia. Although late antique scholars attributed these sayings to the Seven Sages of Greece, they were most likely traditional proverbs given divine authority through their association with Apollo and his sanctuary at Delphi. Rather than being absolutes, the maxims are intended to provide advice and guidance to individuals as they proceed through life. Our design features all 147 maxims in the original Greek on both sides of the tote.
• 100% spun polyester fabric
• Bag 15" x 15" (38.1cm x 38.1cm)
• Capacity – 2.6 US gal (10l)
• Maximum weight limit – 44lbs (20kg)
• Dual handles 100% natural cotton bull denim
• Handle length 11.8" (30 cm), width 1" (2.5cm)